A family of miniature circular connectors based on the MIL-DTL-83723 (m83723) form factor.
These are for use in demanding applications such as military and commercial aviation engine sensors.
The following variants are available:
US Specification for 200°C, firewall, high vibration, medium density, threaded coupling connectors for aerospace applications;
European Specification for enhanced performance, high temperature (260°C), firewall, enhanced high vibration, threaded coupling, engine connectors used by European customers derived from MIL-DTL-M83723;
Rolls-Royce Specification for enhanced performance, stainless steel, high temperature (260°C), firewall, enhanced high vibration, threaded coupling, engine connectors derived from MIL-DTL-M83723;
Boeing Specification for enhanced performance, stainless steel, high temperature (260°C), firewall, enhanced high vibration, threaded coupling, engine connectors derived from MIL-DTL-M83723 & ESC10.
Need to know how to order an m83723 connector?
- Description: miniature circular connectors meeting the MIL-DTL-83723 specification;
- Bayonet option – quick and positive 3 point mechanism with visual confirmation of complete coupling;
- Threaded option – with visual confirmation of full coupling.
- Temperature range: –65°C (–85°F) to 200°C (392°F)
EN2997 and ESC10 Overview
- Description: improved miniature circular connectors based on the MIL-DTL-83723 form factor;
- Coupling: screw coupling with additional anti vibration features
- EMI Shielding: to 100 MHz at 1 GHz attenuation > 65 dB due to improved bottoming;
- Mating: Interchangeable and intermateable with MIL-C-83723 Series III type (note that when EN2997 or ESC10 specified connectors and mated with MIL-C-83723 Series the performance specification will meet the lower performance of MIL-C-83723).
M83723 Products Options:
- Coupling styles: Bayonet or Threaded Plugs and Receptacles (both coupling styles inter-mate with MIL-DTL-26500 connectors, except shell size 8 threaded);
- Contacts: Rear mounted inserted and removable using standard qualified plastic tools thus avoiding potential damage to the front sealing face;
- Body Materials: Aluminium and Passivated stainless steel versions;
- Mounting: A variety of mounting configurations including wall mount, nut, straight with RFI grounding;
- Electroless nickel;
- Olive drab cadmium;
- Black anodizing.
- Commercial equivalents;
- Alternate key/keyway positions prevent cross mating of adjacent connectors having the same insert arrangement;
- Positive alignment of pin contacts by the lead in chamfers of the closed entry hard socket inserts;
- Raised moisture seal barriers around each pin contact that mates with the lead in chamfers of the hard socket insert;
- The elastomer grommet is able to seal over a wide range of wire diameters and has a triple wire seal in each cavity;
- The rear release crimped contact system features a stamped retaining clip captivated by moulded in shoulders of each contact cavity in the insulator. This produces a very stable contact;
- High-temperature firewall versions.
EN2997 and ESC10 connectors
An enhanced version of the MIL-DTL-83723 connector, these connectors feature improved anti-rotation on the thread coupling and will accommodate both the older generation and the latest generation of wire sizes.
Did you know?
The MIL-DTL-83723 specification defined a high temperature, high vibration resistant connector. However, it was realised that an improved version of the interface was required in order to eliminate any risk of unlocking under vibration, to introduce scoop-proof features and to eliminate uncertain bottoming. EN2997 and ESC10 connectors were introduced in order to address and eliminate these concerns.
Features such as self-locking on the plug to improve vibration resistance, shell to shell bottoming to improve shielding and an ability to enable more backshell positions can be found on these improved connectors in order to meet the demands of engine management, avionics, power and actuation on military and commercial aircraft.
Other typical harsh environment high-temperature applications include sensors for engine management and railways braking systems.
How to Order a MIL-DTL-83723 series III connector
How and where will this connector be used?
Select your Shell Style, note that the m83723 series III connectors are available in both threaded coupling and bayonet coupling variants. Make sure you use the appropriate tables below.1
What environment will this connector be used in?
Select your Service Class2
What is your electrical requirement?
Define your Shell Size, this will be dictated by your circuit demands so, therefore, your Contact Arrangement3
Do you need to prevent mis-mating with similar neighbour connectors?
Define if your connector needs a Polarising Position4